Sunday, September 28, 2014

Saint or Sinner?

"...every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." ~ Oscar Wilde

The collection that I'm working on really began with this quote. I started to dream of this woman's story, in which she becomes Satan's object of infatuation. I see her all dressed in red, catching Satan's eye. He falls for her and begins to seduce her. She falls in love with him but soon looks in the mirror only to see someone she no longer recognizes. The woman seeks to purge him from her soul through exorcism. Her soul is left unsullied and redeemed - oh gosh, I hope I can convey this story through a fashion collection, haha!  My idea is to have this transition, where the color scheme begins red and slowly turns to black as the woman gives herself to Satan. I want the penultimate look to represent the exorcism and the final look to be completely white, reflecting her redemption. The looks will have a lot of hardware, leather lattice work, and cross imagery. I'm excited to see what this collection looks like and how it evolves as I create it. I look forward to telling this story. As I continue to figure this collection out, I'll leave you with this quote:
 "Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us." ~ Steven Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment