Sunday, January 11, 2015

Withered Delilah

                           



So it's no secret that I've been pretty obsessed with Slash's newest record, World on Fire. One of the songs on that album really struck me. It's called Withered Delilah. It's about a woman, the it girl, who gets pushed to the side, becoming irrelevant. I like the idea of this song, because it speaks to the beauty/infatuation time limit women have in our society. It's sparked this story in my mind of a beautiful woman who becomes irrelevant. She can't function without everyone's admiration, and as a result, descends into a deep depression. I'm thinking of going grunge for this collection. I want to start the looks as the classic beauty and as the collection progresses the looks dive into a grunge theme. What I like about using a grunge aesthetic as the representation of her depression, is that there is a struggle in the narrative of grunge between the idea of individuality and how mainstream "grunge" became. Can't wait to see where this goes. In the mean time, rock out to Withered Delilah :)


No comments:

Post a Comment