Thursday, December 8, 2011

Red Ball Fashion Show

Sunday was the amazing Red Ball Fashion Show in Denver. I participated, showing 6 designs in the runway show, all inspired by the organic shapes of mineral rocks and gems. I was very honored to be included in this very important show(which raised $35,000 for the cause, congrats Colorado Aids Project) and I am very grateful to my stylists at Twig Salon for creating the perfect look for my models.

I think that this had to be the most inspired I have been in a long time. It all came to me after at trip the the Museum of Nature and Science. Usually I have a back story to who my girl is, but this time I just tried to do something more natural and effortless. I really tried to mimick the physical quality of the gems. In a way, I guess I was trying to transform the girls into the gems and just really celebrate the organic nature of the minerals. I truely loved this collection and I am excited to start designing another one. But for now I just need sleep...







No comments:

Post a Comment