Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Butterfly effect




It's been a while since I've last created anything. For some reason I couldn't get inspired at all. So I had to do my ritual of listening to hours of Aerosmith to see if I could get the creative juices flowing and try to uncover a design. It's weird because a friend of mine asked me how I get inspired; where my ideas came from. Really it just comes to me. I listen to music and try to tap into what I'm feeling. This time, as I was listening to Aerosmith,
 I suddenly started thinking about butterflies. I couldn't get the idea out of my head. Even while I was sketching everything was taking the form of the butterfly.  So this collection, needless to say, will be about butterflies. I want to mimic their shape in the designs, but as for the flow of the collection as a whole, I want create the idea of metamorphosis. I want the collection to start in black and white with a sort of ink blot pattern that looks like butterflies as well as my signature black and white stripe. The collection would then slowly morph into designs that are more nude and a dusty rose in color, with silhouettes mimicking butterfly wings rather than having a literal butterfly pattern. Essentially it would be the metamorphosis from an insane butterfly obsession to actually becoming the butterfly. It all sounds and looks beautiful on paper. I'm excited to realize this collection. I really think it could be the first true art collection I've ever created.

No comments:

Post a Comment