Sunday, June 23, 2013

Motorcycle Groupie: The Sketches





Over the past few weeks I've finished my sketches and started working on one of the pieces. It was a long road to finishing them. In my last post I talked about overhauling my first sketches and designing something that was a little more hard rock. I've come up with six looks that I think really reflect that bad ass motorcycle mama I was going for. There is going to be a lot of black leather and denim. I think this collection is the first that I've designed that I really felt reflected me and everything about rock n roll that I love. The concept really centers around the picture I found of Marianne Faithfull in a fur jacket, draped over this awesome motorcycle.It's funny but  I think in some ways this is really a manifestation of my alter ego: the bad ass motorcycle/rock n roll groupie-okay maybe not. But wouldn't it be great if it was?

P.S. This is the last time I'll post this picture of Marianne Faithfull. I just think it's so beautiful and inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment