Sunday, May 12, 2013

Motorcycle Groupie

                                            
Since my last post I've been doing some sketching and trying to work on this new motorcycle inspired collection. My first sketches really took on a 70s feel(which I love), but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it wasn't reflecting my new mood. Since my design aesthetic has become more influenced by rock music, I've noticed my collections sort of straddled the line between a hard rock edge and a softer feminine aesthetic.
It was like I was too timid to take my collections out of my comfort zone and really embrace the rock look that I love. So I've overhauled my designs and taken the plunge. I'm planning on lots more leather, denim, and hardware. The new designs are clean and frankly kick ass. There are still a few kinks I'm trying to work out but I have some serious clarity with this collection which is making me pretty excited to get started. I've been taking cues from Anita Pallenberg and studying the bodywork of some 60s motorcycles. It's a good balance between motorcycle chick and R&R groupie. I wouldn't be me, if there weren't any feminine touches to the collection, but I think that all of the music that I'm inspired by really comes out. Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Slash, Tesla- it's all there. I'm so inspired by this collection, I think I'm becoming a motorcycle groupie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment