Sunday, March 3, 2013

Motocrossed








In my last post I was looking to build a voodoo inspired collection. Since then, the more I continue to sketch, I have seen my designs pull away from the voodoo inspiration to a more 60s motorcycle theme. Though I feel guilty about dropping the voodoo theme, I realize that this theme feels more organic and less forced. I really have a flow of ideas coming so I'm going to keep going along this road and see what I come up with. I'm really interested in using more denim in this collection, as well as leather and leather fringe. I'm also thinking about dipping fabric in paint and painting designs on the fabric.
I want to keep with using studs and grommets to add a little edge to the garments. What I will be keeping from the voodoo theme, however, is playing with the snake spirit. I think I want to use snake imagery throughout the collection by painting snakes on fabric, making snake belts, and leather snake cutouts to fasten to the garments. A major point of inspiration in this collection is Brigitte Bardot. I really love the soft/hard look to clothes. I also like that there is a purposeful unfinished look to her overall style. I feel pretty good about this collection. I think that the more I design, the closer I'm getting to what my aesthetic is.

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the vibe on this collection! I can't wait to see more of it!!!

    ReplyDelete